Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Here dear, take your castor oil

You knew she was right even if it was awful. That spoonful of yuck! Well, I have stuff to make "it" feel better too. But nobody thinks you are trying to do the right thing. I approached a friend about selling Spenco insoles in her shop. Innocent enough. B to B. Just another item for her to add to her foot care business and make some money. Win, win, right? Nope, thought I was trying to pull a multi level marketing deal. I have a great product and once someone puts an insole or orthotic in their shoes I can't get them out.
Then I suggest a blister pad for a limping relative. I'm not talking a 2 cent bandage - I'm talking serious help. Who hasn't suffered from that dreaded pain in the heel? Decided to poke a hole in it to release the fliud and the top layer of skin peels off. OUCH! Can you feel the pain? Well, at a buck and a half they are pricey but... the right product for the situation. A Spenco blister pad absorbs the fluid and the blister heals from within and you don't mess with it for 5 days. No scab, no scar. No tears.
Then I read a forum post. Lady needs fencing (as in tu shay) shoes that she can use her orthotic in. I realize many cases are severe enough to require the custom orthotic. But in less severe cases, I'm referring to the athletic fencing enthusiast, she "might" be able to wear a Spenco ThinSole orthotic that is heat moldable. But I can't crash the forum to suggest it - not PC. It isn't a really big jump to that idea. I asked a woman why she wasn't wearing her custom orthotic to support the foot with the amputated toe. Vanity! It didn't fit in her loafer. I had her slip in the ThinSole and when she found out it was less than $40, she said "You want cash or check".
Com'on honey, it's good for you. That's right, you can check them out at TX Insoles.

No comments:

Post a Comment